Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Simple Reality of Life- Motivational Story of Remembering Life and Death

BismillaahAs Salaamu ‘alaykum and peace to all,
16th of Ramadan- Day 16- The Simple Reality of Life- Motivational Story of Remembering Life and Death
Moments ago,I just got off the MSN Messenger with someone very dear to me whom I have not spoken to for a very long time. I just received news that his mother is at her deathbed. This is one news I am not prepared to hear, one news that had brought me to my tears.
Ya Allah, please give strength to him to go through this ordeal…I know that death would come to everyone, sooner or later. I know one day, it will be me. There is no escape to this. And I know too, that death is a natural process of life, they say. But it is still a natural process that I find very hard to swallow.
I remembered the time when my mother left this world, the day when she left us all, the moment when my dad told me that my mother was called back to her Creator. My mind couldn’t comprehend his words but when the reality began to sink into me, I felt like as if my heart was being crushed and it bled profusely; and my physical just collapsed next to her still body. Her death has brought me tears, sadness and loneliness. And I know it will be as hard and difficult for my dearest friend too…
I kept telling myself this verse of His Holy Book,
"We did not give any human being before you immortality. And if you die, will they then be immortal? "
The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 21, Verse 34
How beautiful the way Allah put the reality to me. He, my Lord simply asked me this very question- shouldn’t the people that lived before me be immortal if the reality of death is not real? One simple question that has slammed the reality of death to my face…
Ya Allah, Ya Rabbi, Ya Rabbi…I know the reality of death scare me for one reason- I believe I am not prepared to face Him, I believe that I have not done enough for Him, I believe I have not lived fully according to His Rules - and that is why I am so shameful and afraid to meet Him, my Creator…
I remembered how Allah talked about the ones who plead to Him to be sent back to this world and promised to do good,
[For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, “My Lord, send me back that I might do righteousness in that which I left behind (i.e. in that which I neglected).” No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected. So when the Horn is blown, no relationship will there be among them that Day, nor will they ask about one another. And those whose scales are heavy [with good deeds] - it is they who are the successful. But those whose scales are light - those are the ones who have lost their souls, [being] in Hell, abiding eternally. The Fire will sear their faces, and they therein will have taut smiles (i.e. their lips having been contracted by scorching until the teeth are exposed).
(Quran, 23:99-104)
Astaghfirullah, astghfirullah, astaghfirullah…Perhaps one of the reasons that Allaah planned that I received this news today is for me to really look into myself of what have I done, what I am doing and what I plan to do in my future. Are my actions pleasing to Him, or they invite His Anger? Am I taking advantage to reap as much reward in this Blessed Month of Ramadan, or I just let it slipped passed me? Have I begged for His Forgiveness enough and really regretted all my wrongdoings or am I just doing a lip service? Am I careful of the steps I am taking right now in my life or I just am care-less in whatever I do?
To my dearest friend- Please stay strong. Allah, our Lord knows what is best for us. Allah will never test us more than what we can bear. With every single difficulty, easiness comes along together with it. This is His Promise. And His Promise is true and real. Do have patience enduring this very difficult trial as only the patience ones are successful. And trust Him. Trust Him. Trust Him.
And do know that my silent prayers are always for you...This 16th of Ramadan means we all are already half way through this Month of Mercy. Let us all promised ourselves that as the day of Ramadan leave us one by one, our deeds will increase,our faith and emaan will be stronger and our love for Him will multiply in leaps and bounds so that on the day we are called back to Him, we would have smiles on our faces as it is the day we get to meet our Beloved for the first time…
Ameen…
Copyright © Sis Zabrina 2008
Sis Zabrina
Life StorytellerAuthor of Life is an Open Secret

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 ainaa ismail. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan